All foreigners who are going to visit Russian Federation need to obtain an inbound visa which first requires a letter of invitation. It is allowed for foreigner to stay on the territory of Russian Federation only for a period that stated on his/hers visa. Please note that you need to register your visa within 3 working days (72 hours) upon your arrival to any Russian city. And remember that it is necessary to leave the territory of Russian Federation within the period specified in the visa.
When you have an invitation, you need to submit it to the Russian Consulate and apply for a visa. It’s better to check beforehand with the Russian Consulate that you will apply to if they accept copies of invitations or only originals.
When applying for your visa at the Russian Consulate you need to bring the following documents:
1. Passport and its copy.
2. Completed consular application form.
3. 3 photographs (passport size – 3 by 4 cm).
4. Invitation letter (a fax, in most of the consulates) or the telex reference.
5. Medical insurance for the whole period of your visa.
6. A visa application fee (the size of fee depends on a type of the visa and time of its processing in Consulate) .
7. In additional to the documents and papers listed above, a Consulate may require a travel insurance, HIV test (for stay exceeding 3 months, or multi-entry visas), and other documents.
!Please note that the Consulate always reserves the right to request additional documents at their discretion.
Recomendation:It’s always necessary to check everything with the Consulate beforehand what documents they require at the moment of application.
- A valid passport (ensure your passport expires at least 6 months after the end of your visa).
- Ensure you have a minimum of 2 full blank pages in your passport.
- Check with UTS what the latest document requirements are. Websites are not always up to date.
A business invitation letter is needed to get a business visa. Business visas can be single, double and multiple entry. Their validity ranges from 1 to 12 months (1 month, 3 months, 6 months and 12 months).
For making a business invitation letter for obtaining Business Visa we need following documents:
- Fulfilled and signed Application Form.
- A good scanned copy of your passport (the passport should be valid for at least 6 months after the visa expires).
- Confirmation of Payment